
I'm an alien
HEAD
SHOULDERS
KNEES
TOES
And I tell myself to keep holding on.
Friday, July 27, 2007
8:21 PM
The real world isn't such a fairytale. But reality hit me hard. In fact, the real world is a treacherous jungle. And I`m all frail and helpless, struggling for my survival. It`s every man for himself. I think life gets so hectic and insane because I`m so caught up in this rat race, to the point that I forget about the innocence I used to have. Tell me, when was the last time I actually felt like I had a moment to understand yourself better? Who can I trust in this world? How many countless times have I been beaten and broken with my face smacked flat down on the floor? Do I think that everyone's just faking a smile to 'prove their sincerity'? Don`t you feel like being a child all over again? Because this world is so demanding. It`s so fast-paced. It`s so plastic. It tears me apart from who I really am inside. It forces me to change and fit into the society mould. It`s like a treadmill that never stops running. I`m not presented with a choice because there're so many hopes and expectations laid upon myself. The pressure gets unbearable and that desire to break down,time and again, is just flaming within myself.I could blame it on friends, on this liberal society, my parents.But the person you must I condemn is definitely me.
|